Passive PCI-board for CAN-bus (high / low speed)
The card contains one or two CAN channels but can be extended modular with a combination of CAN bus (high and / or low speed) interfaces up to 4 channels. Thus the CAN-IB300/PCI can be deployed optimally for each desired application.
Features and benefits
- Cost effective passive board without a microcontroller
- Easy expandable via field bus expansion and expansion board
- Up to four CAN channels (High-/Low-Speed optional switchable)
- Available as standard and low-profile version
- Galvanic isolation optional
- Common driver interface for easy exchange of the PC interface type
Using an expansion board and field bus expansions, the CAN-IB300/PCIe can be customize assembled.
- An expansion board is placed next to the CAN-IB300/PCIe doubles the number of available CAN channels. The expansion card is connected by a ribbon cable. The board therefore requires no PCIe slot but occupies a space bracket.
- A Field Bus Expansion is inserted to the CAN-IB300/PCIe (or an expansion board) and thus adds an alternative field bus interface. The software can switch between either the original CAN channel or the field bus specific extension.
- The so-called MultiCAN is a double fieldbus expansion that adds two additional CAN channels to the IB200 board, without an expansion board is required. This solution is space (and cost-) effective because no additional expansion board is required and no additional bracket space is occupied.
CAN Low Speed
For applications in the automotive industry fieldbus expansions with CAN Low Speed interfaces are available. The CAN-IB300/PCIe is thus available for up to four CAN-bus channels and can be fitted with galvanic decoupled interfaces. Due to the high number of interfaces, the board is also suitable for demanding applications - such as test benches, handling systems or manufacturing plants. If necessary, the number of interface channels can be extended by using multiple cards within one PC. Ask us about the possibilities.
Furthermore, the modular architecture of the interface card enables the easy extension with customer specific interfaces via piggyback modules.
For the connection to the PC, Ixxat delivers the card with its proven Windows and ECI-driver for Linux, QNX, INtime and VxWorks. The driver supports all interfaces on the card and allows their usage both with customer specific programs or with the analysis and configuration tools from Ixxat. For Windows optional protocol API's are available to support CANopen or J1939.
The VCI driver also supports all other PC interfaces offered by Ixxat, which enables the user to easily switch the type of interface without any adaptation of the customer application.
|PC bus interface||PCI (V2.2)|
|PC address range||Plug & Play|
|Interrupts||Plug & Play|
|CAN interface||1, 2 or 4 CAN interfaces; CAN 2.0 A/B; Sub-D9 plug according to CiA 303-1|
|Optional: CAN Low-Speed (switchable via software)|
|Optional: Galvanic isolation (1 kV, 1 sec.)|
|Power supply||Typical 3.3 V DC, 100 mA / 5 V DC, 100 mA|
|Temperature range||0 ºC ... +70 ºC|
|Size||Approx. 65 x 105 mm (available as standard and low-profile version)|
|Contents of delivery|
|- CAN-IB300/PCI Interface|
|- Driver VCI for Windows™ 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10 (all 32/64-bit)|
|- Driver ECI for Linux, VxWorks and other OS|
|- Basic CAN-monitor "miniMon" (Windows™)|
|- User Manual|
We would like to advise in finding the right combination of interface board and extensions possible to configure an optimal solution. Please request, without any obligation, about the possibilities.