1 SI CANopen module for SIMATIC ET200S
Plug-in CANopen Master/Slave module for SIMATIC® ET200S modular I/O system
The module acts as either a CANopen master or slave device. Alternatively it can work as an ordinary CAN 2.0A node.
- Plug-in CANopen Master/Slave module for SIMATIC ET200S Distributed I/O
- Connects up to 126 CANopen slave nodes in master mode
- SIMATIC ET200S stand-alone operation supported
- Module “hot swap” supported - replacement without removing power
- Isochronous mode supported
- Pre-made function blocks available for easy PLC programming in Step 7
- Can be imported into the hardware catalogue of Step7
- Transparent CAN 2.0A protocol support
- Anybus Configuration Manager CANopen included within the price of the module
- 3 year product guarantee
With the 1 SI CANopen module HMS integrates its CANopen master technology with the SIMATIC architecture. The 1SI CANopen module enables easy integration of SIMATIC equipment into business segments where CANopen and other CAN based protocols are used today, also opening up the possibility for PROFIBUS or PROFINET controllers such as the S7 series of advanced controller devices to interact with CAN and CANopen fieldbus devices (gateways).
The 1 SI CANopen module works with all SIMATIC ET200S Distributed I/O sytems, with the exception of the Basic and Compact versions.
CANopen configuration and TIA Portal integration
Easy integration into the SIMATIC world is one of the most essential requirements when extending of the SIMATIC automation system with networked fieldbus equipment that is not based on either PROFIBUS or PROFINET. HMS has addressed this need enabling a seamless integration of the 1 SI CANopen module into either SIATIC STEP 7 or TIA Portal. Configuration of the connected CANopen network is intuitively performed with the optional Anybus Configuration Manager - CANopen.
Once the configuration is finalized, the CANopen network configuration may be uploaded to and stored in the PROFIBUS or PROFINET PLC or the ET200S I/O system CPU. If a 1 SI CANopen module has to be replaced, the previously stored configuration can be downloaded from the PLC to the new module, significantly reducing down-times in high availability applications. 1 SI CANopen modules may be replaced while the ET200S is powered.
Transparent CAN 2.0A functionality with the CM CANopen
With this functionality, the 1 SI CANopen module allows transmission of any CAN frame from the PLC regardless of the overlaying CAN protocol and is capable of receiving a number of pre-defined CAN frames from the CAN network.
CAN 2.0A supported features
- Possibility to implement any custom CAN based protocol which in interpreted/generated by the PLC
- Special PLC function block available from HMS for easy integration in to TIA Portal
- CAN frames pass transparently through the 1 SI CANopen module
- Ability to transmit and receive CAN frames inside TIA Portal
- Supports only the CAN 2.0A standard (11-bit CAN identifiers)
- Selectable baud rate from 20 kbit/s – 1 Mbit/s
- CANopen functionality is disabled when the transparent CAN mode is used
|CAN bus interface||According to CiA 303-1|
|Power Supply||+24 V DC +20/-15%, supplied from Power module PM-E|
|Max. 0,8W - 33 mA @ 24V DC|
|Dimensions||Width 15 mm|
|Temperature range||Operating 0 ºC ... +60 ºC|
|Storage -40 ºC ... +70 ºC|
|Certification||CE, UL, cUL & ROHS|
|Housing||Plastic housing, plug-in module|
|Contents of delivery|
|- 1 SI CANopen module|
|- User Manual|
1 SI CANopen for SIMATIC ET200S, Anybus Configuration Manager - CANopen, License, CD with software, USB-to-CAN V2 compact, CAN cables