Software package for the development of Windos-based J1939 Devices
The programming interface of the API is based on the IXXAT VCI driver and is therefore available for all IXXAT PC CAN interfaces. Based on the J1939 protocol software from IXXAT, the SAE J1939 API allows complete simulation of J1939 applications on a PC.
Features and Benefits
- Transmission and reception of J1939 messages (PGs) with up to 1785 bytes of payload (broadcast announce message, connection mode data transfer)
- Automatic conversion of received messages to parameters and vice versa
- Use of the database from the J1939 configuration program for parameter interpretation
- J1939 plug-and-play functionality via address claiming mechanisms
- Support of several CAN channels and therefore J1939 networks is possible
The API supports the implementation of several applications on one CAN interface, which can also communicated with each other. This allows simulation of complete J1939 networks on one PC and is therefore ideal for testing and commissioning J1939 control units. Via various interfaces, the languages C/C++ and Python are available to users for programming of application. Examples for C, C++ and Python are included in the scope of supply.
Parameters of a message (parameter groups) are interpreted by using a configuration file, which can be easily generated with the configuration program provided. This enables the definition of application-specific messages.
|PC with Windows (from Windows 2000 - 32/64 bit)|
|IXXAT CAN/PC-interface and CAN driver VCI v3|
|Contents of delivery|
|- API in the form of a Windows™ DLL|
|- J1939 Designer|
|- Example code in C, C++ and Phyton|
|- Software as single-user license|
|- Programming manual|
|- Technical support (time limited)|