De following SIMATIC PLC-extentions are available:
CANopen- en CAN-control from SIMATIC
The 1 SI CANopen for the SIMATIC ET200®S modular I/O system and the CM CANopen module for the SIMATIC S7-1200® basic controller implement the HMS CANopen master technology in a compact format fully integrated with the SIMATIC hardware. They allow to directly extend SIMATIC automation solutions with CAN or CANopen based equipment making more expensive and space demanding PROFIBUS or PROFINET to CANopen gateways unnecessary.
Both modules are supported by optimized and highly intuitive CANopen confiruation tools that enable users to quickly generate all required configuration data for the CANopen network.
Due to the support for operation in transparent CAN 2.0A mode, system integrators have the possibility to implement any custom CAN based fieldbus protocol.
- Easy integration of CAN or CANopen based devices with Siemens equipment
- Enabling interaction between PROFIBUS or PROFINET controllers – such as the S7-1200 or ET200S device series – with CAN/CANopen fieldbus devices (gateways)
- Supports implementation of any custom CAN based fieldbus protocol due to CAN 2.0A mode
- Fully integrated into the hardware catalog of TIA Portal or STEP 7
- PLC function blocks available for easy integration in to TIA Portal, respectively STEP 7
- Control of motion devices in packaging machines or conveyer belts
- Acquisition of encoder positions in wind turbines
- Acquisition of measurement data from transducers, inclinometers or encoders
- Control of hydraulic valves
- Networking of medical devices
- and more...