CANopen Master - DeviceNet gateway
Anybus CANopen master/slave to DeviceNet slave X-gateway
The gateway acts as a DeviceNet slave for the primary network and as a CANopen master or slave for the second network
With help of convenient configuration software it's easy to configure the data exchange bi-directional between both the networks.
Features and benefits
- Fast copying of cyclic I/O data between a CANopen and DeviceNet network (5 ms)
- Fulll CANopen Master/Manager functionality, eliminates the need for an PLC controller on the CANopen network
- Connects up to 126 CANopen slave devices
- Proven and tested with all PLC manufacturers
- Easy CANopen configuration via the included Anybus Configuration Manager software. No programming required
- Robust stand-alone housing for use in harsh industrial environments
- Global free technical support and consultancy
Fast copuing of I/O data
The X-gateway's primary function is fast transfer of cyclic I/O data between the DeviceNet and the CANopen network. I/O data from the PROFIBUS network is written into CANopen objects that can be mapped into CANopen PDOs and vice versa. The gateway acts as a full Master/Manager on the CANopen network and as a Slave on the DeviceNet network. The data transmission between the two networks is completely transparent with a maximum data capacity of 510 bytes in each direction
Easy configuration - No programming required!
CANopen configuration can easily be made through the included Anybus Configuration Manager CANopen software, or with any other standard CANopen configuration tool. No programming skills are needed.
The Anybus Configuration Manager scans the CANopen devices on the subnet. The software linked to the CAN bus by using a CAN interface which is available separately.
- CANopen Master/Manager implementation according to the CANopen specification DS301 v4.0.2.
- Connects up to 126 CANopen slaves
- Network Management (NMT) messages, to configure and initialize the network.
- Supporting 128 Receive PDOs and 128 Transmit PDOs, each can transfer up to 8 bytes.
- Up to 510 bytes of cyclic data in each direction (PDO)
- PDO message types: COS (Change of State), Cyclic Synchronous, Acyclic Synchronous.
- Synchronization Object (SYNC) is used for synchronizing PDO communication.
- Heartbeat Mechanism to monitor the status of nodes.
- Node Guarding/Life Guarding Protocol provides possibility to guard slaves or the master.
- EMCY (Emergency Object) is used for error reporting.
- LSS master functionality
- Can also function as a CANopen Slave
DeviceNet Slave interface
- DeviceNet CONFORMANCE TESTED™ by ODVA
- DeviceNetNet Specification version: Communications Adapter profile 12
- Max. 512 bytes of Input and 512 bytes of Output data
- DeviceNet baudrate 125, 250, 500 kbit/s
- Supports I/O Slave messaging: Bit strobe, Polling, Cyclic, COS and Explicit Messaging
- MacID node address setting via DIP switch
- DeviceNet network configuration via .EDS file
|Dimensions||120 x 75 x 27mm|
|Operating temperature||-25 to +55 °C|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +85 °C|
|Power supply||24 VDC|
|Current consumption||Typical 150mA|
|Baudrate||20 kbit/s - 1 Mbit/s|
|Protocol support||CAN 2.0A and 2.0B (11 and 29 bit identifiers)|
|Connector||D-sub 9 Male|
|Connector||1x 5-pin, 5.08 Phoenix Plug|
|Galvanic isolation||On both CAN and DeviceNet side|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard)|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, ATEX/Haz.Loc, RoHS|
|Contents of delivery|
|- Anybus Communicator CAN-DeviceNet|
|- Anybus Configuration Manager (Windows™)|
|- Quick Reference Manual|
|- User Manual|