Communicator CAN - DeviceNet gateway
Anybus CAN to DeviceNet data converter
The gateway works as a DeviceNet slave for the primary network and as a standard CAN node for the second network
The Communicator performs an intelligent data conversion and presents CAN data to a PLC/Controller in the DeviceNet network as easy to process I/O data. With convenient configuration software basically every manufacturer-specific CAN data protocol can be exchanged to DeviceNet, or vice versa.
Features and benefits
- Saves machine builders and device manufacturers of integrating a DeviceNet interface
- Requires no hardware or software changes to be made to CAN-devices
- Compatible with all PLC's and controllers with DeviceNet support
- Performs complete CAN protocol conversion, no PLC function blocks required
- Flexible CAN frame building method for both Response/Request or Produce/Consume protocols
- Intelligent I/O data mapping within the Communicator permits even devices with slow CAN communication can be integrated without any restrictions to DeviceNet
Conversion of I/O-data
The Anybus Communicator maps data byte from CAN messages into I/O data in the DeviceNet network, and vice versa. This mapping is highly flexible and can contain an arbitrary set of CAN Id’s and data. CAN communication is supported both by both producer /consumer or request/response protocol schemes, who are configured with a flexible CAN frame building method.
All data between DeviceNet and the CAN network is transferred through an internal memory buffer inside the Communicator. This method of data exchange also permits CAN devices with slow communication to be integrated into high-speed DeviceNet networks without any restrictions. The Communicator appears as a standard I/O module on the DeviceNet side.
Easy configuration - No programming required!
The mapping of data between CAN and DeviceNet is quickly set up in the Anybus Configuration Manager software, included with the Communicator CAN. No programming skills are needed to set up the Communicator.
- Graphical CAN frame building support using several ready-made CAN functions.
- Can configure any CAN 2.0A or 2.0B based protocol (11 and 29 bit identifiers).
- Configures upto 128 transactions containing a total of 256 CAN frames
- Monitor/Modify function of process I/O data informing of CAN transaction status
- Diagnostic transaction Live List in the network I/O informing of CAN transaction status
- Handy Save/Load function allows for a completed configuration to be re-used for many other installations
- Password protection prevents unauthorized upload and download of configurations
DeviceNet interface features
- DeviceNet CONFORMANCE TESTED™ by ODVA
- DeviceNetNet Specification version: Communications Adapter profile 12
- Max. 512 bytes of Input and 512 bytes of Output data
- DeviceNet baudrate 125, 250, 500 kbit/s
- Supports I/O Slave messaging: Bit strobe, Polling, Cyclic, COS and Explicit Messaging
- MacID node address setting via DIP switch
- DeviceNet network configuration via .EDS file
|Dimensions||120 x 75 x 27mm|
|Operating temperature||-25 to +55 °C|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +85 °C|
|Power supply||24 VDC|
|Current consumption||Typical 150mA|
|Baudrate||20 kbit/s - 1 Mbit/s|
|Protocol support||CAN 2.0A and 2.0B (11 and 29 bit identifiers)|
|Connector||D-sub 9 Male|
|Connector||1x 5-pin, 5.08 Phoenix Plug|
|Galvanic isolation||On both CAN and DeviceNet side|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard)|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, ATEX/Haz.Loc, RoHS|
|Contents of delivery|
|- Anybus Communicator CAN-DeviceNet|
|- Configuration cable (USB)|
|- D-sub9 connector with screw|
|- Anybus Configuration Manager (Windows™)|
|- Quick Reference Manual|
|- User Manual|