The following INpact-interfaces are available:
Versatile interface, select desired Ethernet protocol via download
Award winning technology giving best-in-class performance
Ixxat INpact is based on the Anybus CompactCom NP40 technology – a multi-protocol network processor used within millions of devices globally.
Anybus NP40 handles the complete communication and provides high performance for real-time applications, making Ixxat INpact the ideal choice for demanding industrial applications using EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, Powerlink, Modbus TCP, PROFINET IRT, PROFINET IRT Fiber Optic and PROFIBUS.
Versatile application areas
- Connection of devices/subsystems as a slave to higher level networks
- Process data visualization, e.g. within control stations or machines
- Human-Machine-Interfaces (HMI), mobile solutions based on Mini PCIe
- Data acquisition within test benches or test systems
- Measurement and analysis applications
Develop independent of the protocol
Ixxat INpact comes with a comprehensive driver package for Windows and Linux with a C programming interface, enabling easy and rapid development of customer-specific applications – independent of the used board version and protocol. Thanks to the uniform programming interface, it is possible to switch quickly between protocols without extensive programming, leading to increased flexibility and a reduction in terms of development costs.
Switch between the protocols on the fly
The industrial Ethernet variants of the Ixxat INpact include two complementary approaches to industrial Ethernet connectivity:
- Dedicated versions for each Ethernet standard with pre-installed network protocols.
- The very flexible Common Ethernet solution which allows the desired industrial Ethernet protocol to be downloaded into a standardized Ethernet hardware. This enables easy and cost-efficient switching between all available industrial Ethernet protocols, minimizing the need for keeping stock of different product versions.