Embedded ControlNet slave interface
Anybus CompactCom M30 ControlNet plug-in module
Unimplemented CIP messages can be routed to the host application, thus enabling profile support etc, and the contents of the Identity object can be customized to enable the product to appear as a vendor specific implementation. ADIs and Process Data can be accessed from the network via dedicated CIP objects.
Forward compatible with M40
The CompactCom 40-series modules support the same APIs as the 30-series Modules. This means, if you are already using or want to combine the ControlNet with 40-series embedded Industrial Ethernet modules, it's possible to support both a mixture of CompactCom 30-series and 40-series modules within your embedded industrial device.
Features and benefits
- A complete, interchangeable communication module with connectors
- Short in-design with free assistance from HMS ensures a fast time to market
- ODVA pre-certified for network compliance (enables faster network certification)
- Standard application hardware interfaces: 8-bit parallel and serial
ControlNet Slave Interface
- Complete ControlNet device implementation (slave)
- ControlNet-Baudrate 5 MBit/s
- Standard interface via integrated galvanic isolation
New applications or designs
Although CompactCom 30 series is fully available and supported by HMS with network updates and maintenance, we recommend the new CompactCom 40 series for new designs, especially for Industrial Ethernet versions.
|Dimensions (L•B•H)||52 x 50 x 22 mm
51 x 37 x 16 mm (without housing)}
|Operating temperature||-40 to +70 °C
-40 to +85 °C (without housing)
|Power requirement||3.3 VDC, ±0.15 VDC|
|Application Interface||8-bit parallel
|Profile support||Generic device|
|LED indication||Integrated on front (with housing), via application interface (without housing).
Indicates Module Status and Network Status.
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||PCB mount (hook-on) or mounting clip (without housing), electrical via CompactFlash connector|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, RoHS|