Embedded RS-232 interface
Anybus CompactCom M30 RS-232 plug-in module
This module enables a transparent RS-232 channel using the serial channel of the application interface only.
Forward compatible with M40
The CompactCom 40-series modules support the same APIs as the 30-series Modules. This means, if you are already using or want to combine the RS-232 with 40-series embedded Industrial Ethernet modules, it's possible to support both a mixture of CompactCom 30-series and 40-series modules within your embedded industrial device.
Features and benefits
- A complete, interchangeable communication module with connectors
- Short in-design with free assistance from HMS ensures a fast time to market
- for network compliance (enables faster network certification)
- Standard application hardware interfaces: 8-bit parallel and serial
RS-232 Slave Interface
- Passive module w/o procesor
- Completely transparent serial RS-232 Interface, via serial interface only
- Module Identification against the application
- Physical layer converter for RS-232
- Support for RTS
New applications or designs
Although CompactCom 30 series is fully available and supported by HMS with network updates and maintenance, we recommend the new CompactCom 40 series for new designs, especially for Industrial Ethernet versions.
|Dimensions (L•B•H)||52 x 50 x 22 mm
51 x 37 x 16 mm (without housing)}
|Operating temperature||-40 to +70 °C
-40 to +85 °C (without housing)
|Power requirement||3.3 VDC, ±0.15 VDC|
|Application Interface||8-bit parallel
|Profile support||Generic device|
|LED indication||Integrated on front (with housing), via application interface (without housing).
Indicates Module Status and Network Status.
|Connectors||1x 9-pin Sub-D9 male|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||PCB mount (hook-on) or mounting clip (without housing), electrical via CompactFlash connector|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, RoHS|