Embedded Modbus RTU slave interface
Anybus CompactCom M30 Modbus RTU plug-in module
Process data and Application Data Instances (Parameter Data) are accessed from the Modbus RTU network via normal Modbus commands. Diagnostic functionality is provided via the generic Diagnostic Object, and optional support for Channel and Identifier related diagnostics are provided via a dedicated Additional Diagnostic Object.
Forward compatible with M40
The CompactCom 40-series modules support the same APIs as the 30-series Modules. This means, if you are already using or want to combine the Modbus RTU with 40-series embedded Industrial Ethernet modules, it's possible to support both a mixture of CompactCom 30-series and 40-series modules within your embedded industrial device.
Features and benefits
- A complete, interchangeable communication module with connectors
- Short in-design with free assistance from HMS ensures a fast time to market
- Pre-certified for network compliance (enables faster network certification)
- Standard application hardware interfaces: 8-bit parallel and serial
Modbus RTU Slave Interface
- Complete MODBUS RTU implementation (slave)), incl. MODBUS-ASCII-Protocol
- MODBUS RTU Baudrate (1200-57.000 bit/s)
- Standard interface via integrated galvanic isolation
New applications or designs
Although CompactCom 30 series is fully available and supported by HMS with network updates and maintenance, we recommend the new CompactCom 40 series for new designs, especially for Industrial Ethernet versions.
|Dimensions (L•B•H)||52 x 50 x 22 mm
51 x 37 x 16 mm (without housing)}
|Operating temperature||-40 to +70 °C
-40 to +85 °C (without housing)
|Power requirement||3.3 VDC, ±0.15 VDC|
|Application Interface||8-bit parallel
|Profile support||Generic device|
|LED indication||Integrated on front (with housing), via application interface (without housing).
Indicates Module Status and Network Status.
|Connectors||1x 9-pin Sub-D9 female|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||PCB mount (hook-on) or mounting clip (without housing), electrical via CompactFlash connector|
|Certifications||CE, CULUS, RoHS|